Hannover Re – as a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 3,000 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
If you want to experience how things are done in the department Facultative Reinsurance at our headquarters in Hannover/Germany , start planning your next career step with us and join us on a permanent, full-time basis at the earliest possible date as an Underwriter for the evaluation of mining risks.
You are responsible for facultative risks in the mining sector and for examining and negotiating proposals.
- Evaluating mines and processing facilities in terms of process, machinery breakdown, natural perils, loss of profit and other catastrophe risks
- Analysing the primary insurance and reinsurance market
- Deciding on risk acceptances
- Negotiating over insurance conditions and premium with brokers and cedants
- Expanding contacts with customers operating in the market and growing the existing portfolio
- Contributing to the design of innovative reinsurance concepts and underwriting policies
- Portfolio analysis and management
- Helping to shape the underwriting strategy within the scope of responsibility
- 5-10 years of professional experience as an engineer
- Degree in engineering, process technology, chemistry, mining, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a comparable academic discipline
- Independent user skills in German (level B1) and proficient user skills in English (level C1)
- Additional language skills in Spanish, Russian or French are desirable
- Willingness to go on occasional business trips, roughly three or four times a year
On a personal level, you can impress us with your powers of analysis as well as your team skills and ability to be a good team fit. If you also have an assured manner in dealings with internal and external customers, you have come to exactly the right place!
Atmosphere: You will find an international working environment with short decision channels, an open feedback culture and a sense of community shaped by mutual esteem and a readiness to help.
Benefits: Along with flexible working hours, overtime pay and remuneration above the collective agreement, we offer you state-of-the-art opportunities for continued personal growth, health management and the compatibility of private and professional life.
Perspective: You contribute your specialist and methodological expertise and we offer you fresh input and the opportunity to further develop your potential – including room to come up with innovative ideas and act on them!