- Diese Jobs könnten auch interessant sein:
As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, we have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices – more than any other company – helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We help people hear and be heard.
We empower people to connect with others and live a full life.
We help transform the way people understand and treat hearing loss.
We innovate and bring to market a range of implantable hearing solutions that deliver a lifetime of hearing outcomes.
Development Value of this role
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to work at the interface of a leading academic centre and with a leading medical device manufacturer with a strong customer focus. You will master structured research and innovation processes whilst joining a global interdisciplinary team of researchers in technology, audiology and clinical research.
Develop your talents and broaden your insights by joining Cochlear’s leading research division as a Research Engineer (m/f/d) in the Cochlear Research Hannover team! This is an excellent role where you will work in an international environment, at the interface of a leading academic center and a leading medical device manufacturer.
- Conduct and document research in the field of cochlear implant electrodes and surgery, involving experiments on the bench and in human cadavers as well as analyses on big datasets
- Collaborate with research partners at Hanover Medical School (MHH) and with Cochlear research teams.
- Deliver research outcomes that are relevant for Cochlear Research and Development, and that help to maintain or raise the scientific profile of MHH
- Develop and assist with the creation of project documentation and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Contribute to planning of research, clear definition of research questions and project goals
- Author high quality specific internal project documentation and publications for conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Identify opportunities for future research collaborations, contribute to project proposals
- Conduct project management, including maintenance of the project planning and documentation as well as the organisation and facilitation of meetings with MHH partners and Cochlear stakeholders
- Master or PhD level degree in engineering or other scientific profession, while having an understanding of hearing disorders and audiology
- Awareness and interest in medical device quality and regulatory requirements,
- Experience in designing and conducting experimental bench work projects
- Deep understanding of classical statistics for data analysis, and experience with tools
- Scientific programming experience (Python, R, SPSS, matlab or C#) and basic understanding of databases (SQL)
- Willingness to conduct experimental work with human and animal cadaveric specimens
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written). Able to communicate research priorities and findings effectively and with impact.
- Demonstrated ability to author scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals, in English
- A problem-solving and self-driven state of mind: a methodical, analytical and result-oriented focus, an ability to work in a team and a motivation to take initiative
- Ability to liaise and work with stakeholders diplomatically, good negotiating skills and a capacity to balance opinions and points of view.
- A job in an innovative, growing company in a future-proof industry
- An extensive induction program
- A performance-enhancing and partnership-based corporate culture with regular employee feedback and a flat hierarchy
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Many attractive social benefits
- Further education and training opportunitie